lundi 4 juillet 2011

PARIS TAPE RUN - Volume 2 (report face A)

- R E P O R T -
Face A "Rive droite"
Project for Staaltape label


The cassette arrived blank from Berlin on April 24th, 2011 thanks to Steeve Bauras.

Rinus van Alebeek liked that the cassette doesn’t travel by post service ; we needed an intermediary of choice, it was my friend Steeve who done a photo exhibition with Nox Factio to Limbus Europae (Berlin) the previous week.


The transmission between Steeve and me was made at La Miroiterie, during a massive graffiti session with FMR, 3615, Gorellaume, Darkside, Yank, Sword, Yeroglyph, Captain Bière Ivre and Iskander !
La Miroiterie is on "Rive droite” of Paris, I take advantage of this day to make a series of sound recordings of atmosphere, nearness and contact microphones which will serve me for my composition.

The cassette will stay in her box and the project on standby during almost two weeks. None of the artists whom I had selected for the face A were available before May 16th, 2011; date in which we begin.


I wanted that the cassette can be begun with :such: I appreciate enormously the work and the approach of Marc Parazon and since its remarkable and noticed live act during “Estafette Rue Cassette”, his implication was not to demonstrate any more. :such: create a subtle and massive ambient by means of two tape players prepared by AxDelbor, the founder of the label H.A.K. Lo-Fi Record, in whom I work for soon ten years.


For the next run, I invite to participate an artist that I did not know personally, but about which I had heard a lot. Fusiller. We have common friends, and especially I know his activity and his famous label Tanzprocesz which publishes various productions on cassette with always very smart design. With Fusiller, we speak here of noise with a big N... 
Regrettably I miss the meeting between :such: and Fusiller. So, I realize a fake photo to remember there !


The third participants are friends Andres Ramirez and Elise Vanderwalle of the duet Nox Factio, renamed recently NX F. Their almighty performance in Chiquito during the evening Tales for Tapes #4 binds to us henceforth firmly and very friendly. An apéritif is organized to Fusiller’ sweet home where I am invited. Very relax atmosphere, beers and good music, the transmission of the cassette is made in a feminine way !


For the continuation, I invite a "radio" artist whose I estimate her work enormously, to compose a piece for Paris Tape Run. DinahBird accepts directly what delights me a lot. It is always delicate to ask for a "free" participation from recognized artists, but once again the project is very well welcomed by Dinah and the others. Dinah knows very well Harold Schellinx and Emmanuel Rébus, artist pioneer on cassette culture and have already met Rinus during events to the project 101... The transmission between NX F and DianhBird is made to the School of Beaux -Arts of Paris during the evening "Heavy Tactical Transmissions". A quite indicated choice !


Here is my run ! Dinah makes an appointment with me on a sunny terrace in the 18th district of Paris. A photo in Chinese shadow seals the transmission. My piece is ready to be copied to the cassette, because I work on it since April 24th. My cassette players are intended for live manipulation and by concerns of a quality recording, I ask Andres Ramirez for the possibility of copying my piece with his equipment. That’s done !!


Certainly with a delay regarding to the date beforehand fixed, the face A "Rive droite" is completed hence forth on July 2nd, 2011, passing from the ambient to the power electronic, from dark noise to the radio creation, towards the concrete music !


Paris Tape Run' face B "Rive gauche" will be curated by Julie Rousse !


THANKS
TO
ALL
THE
ARTISTS
INVOLVED
ON
"RIVE DROITE"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire